September 25, 2006

Vacation and VETS

So, I went on vacation again last week. This time the Peeps took me with them in the car. I didn't really like that much at first. I cried and cried, and puked a little bit but after that I liked it lots. We went to the mountains for the weekend. The lady peep was in a road race. I was really excited for her because I hoped she'd win...but she didn't even come close. There were more than 2600 other peeps in the race. After it was over she was very pleased that she went because she came in the top 50 lady peeps in her age group and was the 1197th overall peep to finish and the 608th lady peep to come in. She said she got to run up the mountain and then back down it. The going up part was a killer, but the coming back down part was cool.

I got to sit in a new room and look out the window, which was great because in Canmore they have bunnies everywhere. Yeah, you heard me, bunnies everywhere...there were bunnies in the parking lot, bunnies in the bushes, bunnies crossing the road and once a very curious one came up to the hotel window (we were on the ground floor) and looked right in the patio doors at me. I looked back and puffed up like a balloon and tried to look very terrifying. The lady peep
just laughed at me. She said they were very funny bunnies and I shouldn't try to scare them. She whisped to me that she'd like to take one home but she knew she couldn't because they were wild animals, not tame like me.

I got a postcard in the mail today. I thought it was one of my friends, but it wasn't. Apparently it's time I got my SHOTS again. That means I have to go to the VET. I'll be watching that guy really close this time. He makes you think he's really nice by patting you and rubbing your ears and nose and tummy, then she sneaks behind you...He better not be planning to come near me with that thermometer thing again. The lady peep said she's going to make an appointment for me next week. She promised she'd stay with me the whole time. It's not that I'm scared or anything. I just think that VETs can't be trusted.

The lady peep took this picture of me because she thought everyone would like to see me playing with the toy I got from Secret Paws.


There are lots more but the lady peep says I shouldn't be a show off. But what the heck, I'll load up one more. Here goes:




That's pretty much it for me. If I think of anything else, I'll write it down tomorrow.

6 comments:

Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too! said...

Sometimes we gets to go on rides like that with Mom and Dad. We don't mind ridin' in the car as long as it's not to the v-e-t! Your lady peep did do really well in that race. It sounds like it would be really hard. That looks like a furry fun toy you gots!

Meowers from Missouri said...

how acitin' to go somewhere besides the vet! sounds like you had a topping good time. please post more pictures anytime--we're always up for a look-see at a lovely fluffy boy!

even though she is a daring race driver, what does your lady peep mean, "tame like you"? faugh! doesn't she realize that the blood of tigers is in your veins? that the heart of a lion beats in your chest? (well, very small ones, but STILL!) i dare her to name one corner of the earth where buns are feared and respected like The Cats are!!

sir edmund

The Crew said...

It's a bummer when the only mail you get is from you V.E.T. saying it's time to come in and get shot. We have the same problem!

Fat Eric said...

Hi Eddy. It sounds like you had a fun time. I get taken on holiday sometimes, I don't mind so much when I am there, but I hate the car journey!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Yoo are furry hansum an why not show off. If yoo got it, flawnt it. Yer furrs looks all nice an silky. We's only effurr been in the car to go to the V E T

Victor Tabbycat said...

I gots one of those bad postcards, too. An that toy! It's a good fuzzy fur fing I can groom. YOU are a good fuzzy fur fing!