October 17, 2006

Put on your clothes please.

Heh, heh, heh...I just can't help laughing.

Marble is my best cat friend and he is bald, bald, bald...like a tennis ball bald.

Marble is here visiting for a few days because his VET is here in Sherwood Park, where he used to live when he was a baby before he moved to Calgary. His peeps brought him up on the weekend when they came to visit and left him here to visit with me and so he can go to the VET to get his shots, and to get a haircut... We're going to take him back to his peeps on the weekend.

Anyway I gotta show you these pictures. Marble has lots and lots of long soft white hair most of the time, so much that he sometimes can't keep it clean by himself. He hates being touched, and gets attitude whenever anyone tries to brush him. So every few months he gets big matts and then he has to go and get a haircut. He has to go to the vet for this because he needs to be sound asleep when they clip him. It's always very exciting for me and my peeps when he goes to the vet. The vet is very nice to him but Marble is NOT nice to the vet.

My favorite part of Marble getting a haircut is seeing him when he comes home. He's always snarly, but on haircut day, he's a wild man. Today the vet's office called the lady peep at work and asked her to come get him as soon as possible because he was not making happy noises. So she did, and here he is.

Before the haircut on Saturday a.m.





And here is another one one of him sleeping with his peep on Saturday morning. Doesn't he have lots of long fluffy white fur.




Okay, now take a look at him now.





Look at him here. In this one I think he looks really freaky. His eyes are scary. He's really pissed off right now because it's cold here and he's walking around NAKED. And I'm laughing at him. Does that make me a bad friend. Heh, heh, heh

7 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

wow, well, he doesn't look totally bald to me - he looks like he has some fluff under his chin. it could be a new cat style.

The Crew said...

Well, now he looks like a regular short haired guy. But I agree with him about brushing. I don't like it either and I get mats too, but I call them clumps.

Love,
Tipper

The Tower Hill Mob said...

Dude, I feel your pain. I have the same problem, but my Dad brushes me now. It's a hassle, but better than being shaved at the vet's.
Toby

Fat Eric said...

Marble does have a mean freaked-out look in his eyes in the last picture, like he is just waiting for an excuse to smack someone! In the pictures where he is long-haired, he looks quite like me, except I am more ginger than him. I would not want to be shaved. But I don't get many matts because I love being combed and I even purr when my mum is pulling out knots.

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, that is pretty funny. Mrs. B is also not very nice to the VET.

DK & The Fluffies said...

Sucks to be him

Meowers from Missouri said...

no, it doesn't make you a bad friend--you's laughing WIF him, not at him. . . ain'tcha?

an' he still looks pretty ok to us, anyway. poor guy--we think we'd learn to tolerate brushes--we don't like to go asleep. the hangofur is terrible!