October 29, 2006

Learning to live with another roommate

I learned two things about Marble this week.

1). He loves stinky goodness...but it doesn't love him back. After he ate a spoonful, he puked it right back up...which the lady peep immediately cleaned up and threw away. What a waste of perfectly good salmon souflay. The lady peep says Marble has a sensitive stomach and can't digest stinky goodness because he's not used to it. But the really really bad part of this is, that she says I can't have any more until after he leaves because it is not fair to him to watch me eat it when he can't have it.

2) Marble is an addict. He's addicted to water from the bathroom fawcet. Here is a picture of him drinking...and drinking...and drinking...and drinking. As you can see, I'm sitting in the background being a good host and letting him go first.















Here we are again, Marble still drinking and me still waiting.
















Here is me, finally getting fed up waiting for my turn and getting ready to push him out of the way.



By the way Marble was supposed to be going home today, but we've had a freak snowstorm and the lady peep doesn't want us to go in the car because she says the roads will likely be freakin crazy, and we're not gonna drive 180 km and risk getting into an accident. More important she doesn't want Marble's peeps to have to drive in a snowstorm. So, it looks like Marble will be staying for a couple more weeks which means another two weeks of sharing everything I own.

PS The lady peep says to make sure everyone knows that Marble's addiction is more like an obsession with him. He went to the VET and the VET said there's nothing wrong with him physically. He doesn't have diabetes or anything, he just loves to lap at the water. We just have to remember to only let it drip for a few minutes at a time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a very good host. Maybe we'll come and visit you when our Mom again say we are "high maintenace cats". Grrfff.

Lone Star Purrs said...

I do the same fing!! I don't care who is in the bafroom....efun if'n it's boy company. I haf to be in there and get my drink from the faucet! I've almost gotted my hed caught in the door by unsuspecting guests.
~Kiara

Meowers from Missouri said...

what a good fellow you are to share so unselfishly with poor marble. the stinky goodness thing? unfortunate, but it'll come 'round again. in the meantime, it's nice of you to make poor marble comfortable, home is far away!

Fat Eric said...

NO STINKY GOODNESS! (faints) I couldn't survive. You are too good to him. Although he is kind of cute. Anyone who is partly ginger must be a good egg. Thank you for the purrthday wishes!

The Crew said...

You certainly are being an excellent host allowing Marble to go first for a drink and sharing your stinky goodness. Very good manners, Eddy, and might I add, you've grown into quite a handsome guy.

Love,
Tipper

Mattingly said...

That's so great that you can get along with Marble, even if he can be a bit of a pain. And my Mom LOVES those pictures of you two at the sink. LOVES THEM.

Anonymous said...

It wuz reely nice of you to let Marble drink first- you are a reel good host kitty!