January 10, 2009

Our house in 2009

Hey this is me, Ed. I am feeling very much better, now that the antibiotics are done. I do not like taking medicine, nope, nosiree bob. I especially don't like taking antibiotics when they are hidden in pill pockets. What is that nonsense. Does the lady peep think I can't smell a pill in a pocket. O, and I also do not like it when the lady peep and the man peep hold me down and toss pills down my throat. However, having said what I do not like....even more than that, I do not like being sick, so I agreed reluctantly to allow the ladypeep to put an eyedropper in my mouth and give me my medicine that way... Thank you to everyone who was checking in to see how I was doing. I am feeling good enough now that I can jump up into all my old spying spots and watch everyone.

I see Phinney that boy cat told everyone about the new "cousin" cat at our house. Well first, I did not like her at all. Nope, I did not, but now that I'm getting more used to her, I don't mind her so much. She is lovely and pretty and clean and her tail has a very charming curl on the end. She reminds me kinda of my lovely Zippy. She is nice to me and to Phinney, although she does have a tendency to jump on us and try to wrestle. She's a girl...we get her every time. Phin and I have figured out how to gang up on her. It's funny. Sometimes its nice to have a new face in the family, I think. Phinney does not think so. He is very jealous of her, because of the lap time compromise we have to make. I say there is room in every lap for 2 cats, but not Phinney. He says one cat, one lap. He's just a big baby. He also does not like it when Pearl gives the lady peep kisses. She's very little and likes to curl up under the lady peep's neck and kiss her ears. It makes the lady peep laugh and laugh.

Anyway I have to go now, because it's time to supervise the gathering up of the laundry. Phinney had that responsibility while I was sick, but he is very flighty as you know and cannot be counted on to do a good job. He gets distracted and must be watched closely all the time.

3 comments:

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yay, we is furry happy dat yoo is feeling better Ed. Zippy is in a little war wif dad or she'd stop by. We sometimes try to fit all three of us on mom's lap but she sez dat makes her legs go to sleep. Pearl sounds nice, hope Phinney gets better wif her.

Boy n Beethoven said...

Yay that you're feewing batter!
Purrs...

Boy

The Crew said...

Good to hear you took your medicine like a man Ed and that you're feeling better.

Say, is that new addition permanent?